Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Experienced AustraliansI need your advice on this problem?what would you do?

A couple of months ago I had a very expensive phone bill. I am with Optus. and I rang them and I asked why. They suggested I go on Optus one plan 99$. I was on prepaid for my mobile. They changed my mobile plan to post paid but they did need change my home phone to 99$ one plan although they were cahrging me for it. I got very angry and decided to cancel the whole idea. now they have send me a bill. 11 $ for mobile phone calls and 180$ cancellation fee! what would you do if you were in my shoes?would you pay this?would make a complain?what do you suggest me to do please?Experienced AustraliansI need your advice on this problem?what would you do?
For a start - when you ring up Optus you speak with a SUPERVISOR, never just the first person on the phone, you will get nowhere. Demand they put their supervisor on the phone. Explain your situation and DEMAND it has to be fixed NOW.





After you have tried that, and 99% of the time speaking to a supervisor it does solve the problem - but if you got nowhere then make a formal complaint to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman's - a long lengthy process but worth it in the end if you get the outcome you wish.


I managed to get $5,000 out of Telstra going through them for stuffing me around.Experienced AustraliansI need your advice on this problem?what would you do?
Thats just optus for you, telstra is the same, so just pay it and dont sign with telstra or optus again, they are most expensive phone companys, their are other cheaper ones out there
get hold of the Telco Ombudsman - and register yr compliant.


We had the same nonsense with Telstra and you really do have to push yr complaint thru the system ie keep at it because they know they will wear most people down.





';Complaints about landline, mobile phone and Internet services have increased by almost 8 percent in the last financial year.





According to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman's annual report, which was released today, a whopping 59,850 complaints have been lodged.





Not surprisingly, the biggest area for complaint was disputes about billing.





Established in 1993, the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman is a free and independent dispute resolution service.





It is largely geared toward residential and small business consumers who have been unable to resolve a complaint with their Internet service provider or telco.';

No comments:

Post a Comment