Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I really need your advice,please?college problem!?

Well,yesterday I went to college to take an access course,however they offered me ';Literacy advanced'; instated as my English test didn't met the minimum requested and they believed there will be a lot of hard work! may will be difficult for me!(but I have already a degree in science in my own language not English so quite familiar with Uni and hard working)





I have no idea about this course just know it`s for those who their first language is English but have problem in writing and reading,and at end aim to progress onto uni .





I am very enthusiasm about going to uni again to carry on my study so i`m looking for a chance to make progress.


Now my questions are:





1)how can get some more information about ';literacy advanced'; which I have been offered?and how it can help my English?





2)Do you think there will be any any opportunity to go to higher level(pre-access or access) if they realise how good I am ,during the course,or have to finish it without promotion?





thanks in advance!I really need your advice,please?college problem!?
To your first question, the easiest way to get more information about the ';literacy advanced'; course is find out which department it is in, and who the head of department is and email that person, possibly stating that you would like to have a meeting to discuss over what the actual ';literacy advanced'; course is, he or she will also provide information as to what you will be covering and types of work you will be doing.





For your second question i dont think you will be able to go to a higher lever, most university requires completion of a course before you can go to a higher course. Although you can also ask the head of department during the meeting, you might be able to, never know. Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment