Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Experienced AustraliansI need your advice on this problem?what would you do?

A couple of months ago I had a very expensive phone bill. I am with Optus. and I rang them and I asked why. They suggested I go on Optus one plan 99$. I was on prepaid for my mobile. They changed my mobile plan to post paid but they did need change my home phone to 99$ one plan although they were cahrging me for it. I got very angry and decided to cancel the whole idea. now they have send me a bill. 11 $ for mobile phone calls and 180$ cancellation fee! what would you do if you were in my shoes?would you pay this?would make a complain?what do you suggest me to do please?Experienced AustraliansI need your advice on this problem?what would you do?
When you say post-paid I assume you signed a contract, which is a legally binding document. All contracts have a ';cooling off period'; in which you can back out, but if you changed your mind outside this period, Optus are within their rights to charge you whatever fee is specified in the contract. If you signed up for a year or more, you have now broken that contract and Optus have the right to sue you. If you can't afford the fee, I would contact Fair Trading at your local council and see what they suggest.Experienced AustraliansI need your advice on this problem?what would you do?
I was on Optus Pre-Paid and decided to change my service provider to Transact. My husband and I have identical mobile phones and it took him 5 minutes to unlock from the Optus network. I applied on 11 Apr 07 and it took until 24 Oct 07 to unlock from the network. I was then charged 50.00 for the unlocking. I submitted a complaint through the telecommunication Industry Ombudsman (TIO) and they gave me a TIO number to quote to Optus. They will also give you the Optus phone number to ring. Please be advised that Optus have 10 days to fix the complaint. The TIO phone number can be tracked via the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment