Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Divorcing; think his job/clearance will make me lose alot in court. Anybody have advice or similar problem?

I have been separated for 11 months. I served my husband of 11 years divorce papers in April on grounds of Adultery. At the pedente lite trial in June the judge awarded me nothing and did not kick him out of the house either. He granted temporary joint custody. The judge said ';we need to step lightly due to Mr. soon to be X clearance.'; My question is anyone have similar story?


Also, I am so afraid he is going to get what he wants just because of what he does. He want 50/50 of everything including kids, debt, %26amp; house. I am the mom 24/7 of 3 yr and 1 yr old. I have worked but have been laid off 2x in 2 year. No job now looking though. He has always been the one to bring the $ in, my jobs may pay about 1/8th of what he makes. Enough to cover daycare, gas %26amp; alittle extra.


He has and is verbally abusive to me. He has a way with words and can smooth talk anyone into anything he wants. Looks like the judge already on his side. My lawyer was in awe and is baffled at the results of pedente lite.


Helpful advice please!Divorcing; think his job/clearance will make me lose alot in court. Anybody have advice or similar problem?
me too!


My husband's got everyone on his side a free, VERY rich attorney, my parents, his parents, his family. My family won't speak to me. They call me %26amp; my attorney a liar, b/c we don't agree with his family.





I have no job, no way to get a job, I'm highly educated but with no experience no one wants to hire me.








I've been hit, slapped, thrown, choked, punched, held, called almost every name in the book..





I'm terrified!!!!!!Divorcing; think his job/clearance will make me lose alot in court. Anybody have advice or similar problem?
Perhaps the clearance shouldn't make a difference, but it's a multimillion dollar investment in him by his company and the government and if you left him financially vulnerable they would have to revoke his clearance.


Sorry, the government is on his side.





Apparently that's what it takes to actually get a fair shake in divorce.
Did you want everything and leave him with nothing...?





what a b**** you are.





50/50 is fair.
Honestly, I do not get why 50/50 is baffling, it is fair. In fact, given by your admission he is supporting you, he in theory has contributed more, so 50/50 is actually unfair to him. Adultery isn't grounds for anything, most all states are NO FAULT. The judge isn't on his side, he just isn't one of those morons that thinks women should get everything.... By your own admission for your marriage he has contributed 7/8 of your life for the entire marriage, it is time to support yourself and contribute half to your children now.








Divorce is a legal proceeding, not a character judgement. He has just as much right to the children and house.
i would like to know what kind of state you live in that still make adultery grounds for divorce. did you thought that was going to give you leverage? why the complaint that his job clearance is having some neutralizing effects? i say good for him. most men in divorce proceedings get the shaft no matter what the issues involved.





what is good for the goose its good for the gander. what is unfair of claiming half when you put in an 1/8 by your own admittance? not only that, in that half he is going for that same rate on the debt. i think that you would be better served in doing some work in building yourself rather than adopting a victim role.





i know im harsh with my words, but if this case was the other way around many women would be posting to have his head and kick him to the curb.





good luck





add. you didnt state what where the terms of the pedente lite.





2- btw, the whole issue is not fair. she put in an 1/8 of income and is claiming that 1/2 is not what it should be. for all WOMEN saying half is fair, NO IT IS NOT. if you do the math what you are saying is that for each 12 1/2 cents she invested she is getting 37 1/2 cents. that is a 200% increase in value. i wish that my stocks would do as good as that. she is getting a gold fleece and still complaining. its not fair to the one providing the 200% gain in the investment value, but he is dealing with it. this woman saying that she is getting the short end of the stick makes my blood boil. she comes out winning regardless unless the debt is really astronomical.





3- for those that are going to quote the $167,000 stuff about the value of a housewife a year, that has been discredited many times over. if that was the case, i would like to ask how many nannies are actually getting that amount. makes you wonder why is it that so many illegal immigrants are caught doing that job. i guess it is because that salary didnt entice any woman in this country. that might be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment