Thursday, July 29, 2010

Legal Advice Needed for Mental health problem?

My wife was taken to hospital by ambulance (voluntary) was put looked over due to pregnancy was told the wanted her admitted to the mental Health ward for three days My wife and i disagreed and was told it was not our choice. The next morning i realized the paper work wasn't finished the question if she was voluntary or not when i approached them that day and asked for the truth they filled the paperwork and released my wife. now they want to sign a case worker to deal with my wife our problem was it was two case workers and her doctor who lied and kept her in against her will. what do we do??? please serious answers onlyLegal Advice Needed for Mental health problem?
It is my understanding that patients can be held for 72 hours if it is deemed that it would be unsafe to allow them to leave. My best advice would be to speak with an attorney if you feel your wife was harmed.





The paperwork may not have been filled in properly, but that can be overlooked if the intent was obvious. Also, I would fight about having to pay for her stay.
  • how to apply
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment