Thursday, July 29, 2010

I am in my 20s and I recently developed a stuttering problem...Any advice about how to overcome it???

I think I developed it from my stressful years at college and other stress I've been dealing with throughout the past few years. Its weird--I never really stuttered before or when I was a kid. Sometimes its only with words with certain letters, like w, l, or d. It seems when I don't think about it--I don't stutter. But as soon as I think about it, I begin to stutter. I try not to think about it, but its hard not to. I even stutter when I say my own name sometimes lol. This is a really embarassing situation. I mean I guess it could be worse..but does anyone have any advice about how to minimize stuttering??? Sometimes I can't even get a word out because my stutter takes control of me and I think to much about saying a word. People just stare at me..and its embarrassing. Its not like I'm stupid or have a disability or anyting, in college I got mostly A's. Please help if you have any advice at all..even if it seems silly.I am in my 20s and I recently developed a stuttering problem...Any advice about how to overcome it???
Learn all about stuttering at www.stutteringhelp.org, your best source for information and help.


Try these resources:


www.stutteringhelp.org there are videos online that show speech therapists working with stutterers; watch them and learn some techniques.


http://stutteringselfhelp-stutteringself鈥?/a>


http://stutteringhelp-bud.blogspot.com/


http://notesonstuttering.blogspot.com/





Meet others who stutter here http://groups.myspace.com/stutteringfoun鈥?/a>





Contact The Stuttering Foundation of America as that is where our family got help. Their book ';Self Therapy for the Stutterer'; worked wonders after working through it step by step. Part of the book can be found here http://www.stutteringhelp.org/Default.as鈥?/a>I am in my 20s and I recently developed a stuttering problem...Any advice about how to overcome it???
I had a stuttering problem for about 3 years during my senoir year and after graduation for another 2 years. It was caused by stress I think. I overcame it by not caring about unnecasary things. I quit caring so much about dumb things, and it went away. Will yourself to be confident and dont care what anyone thinks
It may help if you read out loud. Reading things like poetry, short stories, or even a novel could help. If your reading something interesting- youd be to interested in what your reading to worry about studdering. Hope I could help! =]





p.s. I had a studdering problem from when I was younger, I had to go to speech from k-5th grade. My speech teacher helped me stop studdering and pernounce my letters correctly using the above method.
practice talking in the mirror.
don't think about it i guess

No comments:

Post a Comment