Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need some advice on this problem I have... Help me!!!!!!!!!!?

Hey, I'm in 7th grade, and last year when I was in 6th grade, we made a play in drama. It was from the movie ,'; 7 Brides for 7 Brothers'; and I didn't audition for any parts because it's like you know suitors and all and I was sure my mom and dad wouldn't let me cause I'm not allowed to do those kind of things, like boyfriends and all. But I danced in this scene, and felt pretty good bout it. But next year in 7th grade I want to be part of something. like not extra curricular, just like part of a play. I am on the school teams and I'm good in my studies, but I want to be in a play if we're going to have it this year. I really want to be someone in school, not just a somebody that everybody knows, but doesnt really know. I want to show my love of acting and singing, because I really really love singing and acting. What should I do to prepare for the auditions? My parents appreciate my love for singing, but don't really think I'm the next American Idol. Please HELP!I need some advice on this problem I have... Help me!!!!!!!!!!?
You don't have to be the next American Idol to love singing and acting.


I teach choir in middle school. I have many students who want to participate in plays and musicals during their school years.


This is my advice...first off, sign up for choir classes and theatre arts classes at your school. This will help you increase your vocal and acting skills. It will also give you the chance to get to know the teachers better who actually direct the plays and musicals. The more they know about you (as long as you are a hard worker, keep your grades up, can sing on pitch and have a desire to learn) the better chance you will receive parts in plays and musicals.


Next...tryout for any part that interests you. I will tell you that your voice will not be perfect for every part/solo/etc. But you never know when your voice will be best for a certain song or part or character. You may be surprised. (I have had a few students who were afraid to try out for a solo because they thought for sure the girl with the strongest voice or the one who ';always'; gets the solo would get picked. They were surprised when they were chosen instead.) Don't second guess yourself.


Next...if you don't get chosen for the part you really wanted, accept the part you get graciously and then do your best at that part. You can learn alot by being in the background and watching. If you don't get a part, ask your teacher if you can be the on the lighting or sound crew. You can learn alot there as well. (My senior year I wanted so badly to be the lead in ';My Fair Lady';. I didn't get it. But I got to play 3 other parts which meant I had more singing parts than the lead and more costume changes. I learned so much that year and really loved that I got to be 3 different people instead of just one.)


Next...keep records of everything you do...every solo you sing, every character you play, every production you are a part of. Keep a binder with plastic sleeves and put the programs from each performance in its' own plastic sleeve. This will help you keep track of your experience and when you audition you can list this experience. This in itself may help you get a part.





Now about parents...it sounds like your parents are supportive of your singing. That is great. Let them know you appreciate their support and although you may not be the next American Idol, it is still very important that you have the opportunity to be a part of singing and acting in your school productions. Then with every performance they come to see you show them how dedicated you are and how much you love it. With each performance they will encourage you more and more. Just don't give up and don't get mad at them or yell and say ';You don't understand';. It may be true that they don't really understand. But parents sometimes don't really know how important something is to you until they see how devoted you are to it.





So...for now...be confident in what you want to do. Don't let anyone keep you from trying. Get involved in whatever you can. Audition for the parts you really would like and even some you may not think you would like. You never know what might happen and one day you may wake up and when you look in the mirror you will see a real star!





Best wishes and remember...you never know what you can until you try!I need some advice on this problem I have... Help me!!!!!!!!!!?
hmmm....Hard question.Well if you really love 2 sing and act try learning how 2 sing small songs and perform 4 small crowds and when you build your confidince up go sing 4 bigger groups remember your in charge of your life so you don't hv 2 do what i say.





Just keep on practising and that goes 4 the acting 2.The reason i say pracitise is bcoz if you do get a part in a play you have to perform in a huge crowd so get use 2 the people watching you.But don't go over board!
singing:try to find your vocal range,%26amp; if you knew it,test your ability on a varity genre of music.if you are lacking practicing,practice at every opportunity


acting:got a book/drama you like?you can watch how they act ,but also to add your own style.


use wikihow %26amp; ehow..com





my advice is to have a nice,calm talk with your parents.ask them their views.you both might not agree wholly but you can make them understand and respect your decision to a certain extent .try to prepare what you are going to talk to them

No comments:

Post a Comment