Saturday, July 31, 2010

Advice for this problem I'm currently having...?

Ok, so I'm in 8th grade. I haven't made one B in all of middle school on a report card. In fact, I haven't made one B in all of my years of school (elementary too). But right now, in math, I have a 90. Usually, math is my stronger subject, and last semester, I had a 95 in that class.





But since then, on pretty much every test, I've been making B's so it's been dropping my grade slowly. We have 7 more days left of school- and 1 more math test. A final one. If I do bad, I get my first B ever. So I'm really stressing now. I've studied and everything- but that's what I do for all tests- and I still manage to make mistakes =(





It's like I'm jynxed. Tips to keep my A and do good on this test? That would be appreciated. It's midnight and I'm still doing practice problems. lol. That's how freaking worried I am. And I check over my work too before I turn in my test, but then I get it back, and I'm like, ';How did that happen!?';Advice for this problem I'm currently having...?
aww...don't worry about it sweetie


i know you want your straight A's to continue but don't feel so bad. everyone makes mistakes once in a while. and you're obviously a VERY smart girl and i'm sure your parents and teachers know that. keep studying hard and keep up the good work, this is just one grade and it shouldn't affect you to dramatically. try speaking to your teacher privately for any extra credit opportunities she might give you.


DON'T WORRY, YOU'RE SMART!!Advice for this problem I'm currently having...?
Don't stress out about it. You studied and as long as you're confident and worry free you will pass with an A. Stressing about it can make you fail so just get enough sleep and rest for the test and you will be good. I used to stress out like that too but then i noticed i had to stop being negative so i became positive and that has helped me a lot.





Good luck! =]
Take a break!





It sounds like your stressing out TOO much about it. When people are stressed they can't focus and often forget what they know because they are in a state of panic. (even if its not the same kind you see on TV).





So I suggest taking a break for a day or two, then go over some math problems to study, but don't push too hard. And see if it starts coming easier to you.





Good luck!
Hey.getting a B isnt bad.I get C's but its enough for me.Okay,just get some shut eyes and go to sleep.If you wake up early,start revieewing.Go to Tutoring so they can help you with your screw ups.B isnt bad.Its not gonna ruin your grades. Ask your teacher what mistakes are you making(Math can be confusing).Ask your teacher if he/she can tutor you after class because you wanted to have a perfect score.
try this website with some practice and tools:


http://www.math.com/students/practice.ht鈥?/a>


plus, you need to calm down the more you are nervous the more you are going to overlook and forget things. Don't pressure yourself and talk to your teacher if she/he can help with this issue, Good luck to you!
dont take it so seriously i never take grades seriously sleep in my 1st 3classes and still have all A's wat u need is 2 study before the test as a reminder. Ask the teacher y u got these answers wrong and see your mistakes that way u dont make them as often.
You should study but don't over study, too much studying could get you stressed, which probably won't get you a good mark on your test.





Just don't worry about it, you will do fine :)
Your best bet is to arrange to talk with your teacher after class. They may be able to find a pattern to the mistakes you make most frequently, and offer some advice to avoid them.
For one, you cant be studying too hard if you are on yahoo, and for two, staying up til this hour will not help you be focused in school tomorrow, and for three, so what, its just a B.
just a question is this Mikyong? um any way you could do little reveiw questions or practice test from online i hope that helps!!
just continue to study, and be confident
have positive attidtude
First off, no late nighters, kay? =))





If you stay up till midnight, you most likely won't remember some key factors, because your brain is too tired to function. Not only this, but you'll be too tired to function and remember the next day. I recommend studying for about an hour at a time, giving yourself a break of about 30 minutes between each one, to let yourself unwind a little, eat something like fish or a small bread snack to boost your brain a bit! And while your studying, suck on a mint to keep your brain from getting bored. Plus, if you study for hours on end, your mind tends to hate that, and it will begin to lose focus, due to an overly spent time on one activity. So dont do the study for hours thing, its too straining on the brain!





And for the next day, sleep long and good, with a good breakfast to boost you up! 3 hours before bedtime, try to cut back on TV, because that stimulates the mind to keep going, thus cutting back on snoozz time!





Other than that, dont worry! =)) An A average is very, VERY good, even a B average is quite amazing. So unless you really NEED that A, dont sweat it!





Zizzie
Hi -- congratulations for years of having great grades.





If you get a B you get a B... it's not the end of the world, and hon, nothing to beat yourself up over. You are just like everyone else -- human. We do not perform perfectly on everything in our lives. You will find this to be true in some of your life experiences as the years go by.





I think it's great to do your best, but obsessing over the fact that you might receive a ';B'; grade isn't healthy. Sometimes we really need to ACCEPT ourselves and our limits. Just do your best.....!
I think you getting a B will ';save'; you from your perfectionism. I am a perfectionist too. I only have two B's in my entire school life on my report cards.





Perfectionism is like OCD because they are unrealistic restrictions that they put on you. Don't let it take over you. You are stressing over something abnormal. You think it will end after you are done with school?? No.... perfectionism will haunt for the rest of your life if you don't stop it. Getting a B will not destroy your life.
hey hun all i can say is just relax and take it easy..i got all straight a's from 1st grade..i used to put alot of pressure on myself and stay up all nite until like 2 in the morning studying and in the end all it did was stress me out more. instead i should have been practising for shorter periods of time. all u need to do to take that math test is practise, not all the time, wake up in the morning and have a good breakfast and try not to get tired before the test and always check your test back. and i dont know if u will manage to keep straight a's all your life but if u do awesome and dont forget to be super proud of yourself. personally i stopped getting all a's second semester of 10th grade. im now a senior. ive failed one test and i cried my life out and my mom told me it was okai. just dont stress yourself and try your best and when u give it your best shot and you know thats your best shot thats your A. and wow i know i sound cheesy and ur prolly wondering why the hell am i typing all this idk either but hey have a goodnite and goodluck on that test!!!:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment