Monday, August 23, 2010

I found a rat in the tiny room dat i keep my dog's kennel in, we hav never had this problem! pls advice!?

It's like a tiny laundry room right next to the kitchen, also has a back door that faces the front lawn, but we used to use to go the backyard, I don't know how it got there!! I only just saw it today, looked like a pretty small one, saw it quickly run behind the washing machine when i went in there to get my dog's toy. Rats freak the crap outta me!! :( :( Can't help it. but i want it out of there, especially cos of my 10mth Border collie, I've heard its not safe if my pup tries to kill it or gets in contact with rats, not to mention what if the rat pee'ed inside his kennel or in his bowl, which i kept aside now. Can I do something or do i have to call the pest control? I live in Auckland, New Zealand, is pest control expensive?I found a rat in the tiny room dat i keep my dog's kennel in, we hav never had this problem! pls advice!?
There is a product that is sold which comes in like a green looking solid bar...you break off pieces %26amp; place in areas [hidden from other critters or kids]...the rats will eat it %26amp; the chemical in the stuff actually kills the rat from inside out...no dead rats laying around or smell! IF you are interested in just using a deterrent then place cotton balls dipped in peppermint oil near problem areas...also using kitty litter can be a repellent. Good luck!I found a rat in the tiny room dat i keep my dog's kennel in, we hav never had this problem! pls advice!?
try getting a cat as a temporary pet until it eats the whole problem... believe me, a cat will definitively end up your troubles.
remove the rat(trap) clean the room %26amp; dont leave food around to attract rat's %26amp; mice just feed the dog then remove it's dish


---no food no rats--
Pest control may cost XXXX amount what ever it may be... Instead of that try out by keeping a rat at your place it would not cost you any thing. ( Borrow it from a friend)
It's probably drawn to the dogs food supply.


Keep his food picked up after he's done. Keep the supply in a rat proof container like a small metal trash can with a tight lid. Take expanding foam (in a spraycan) and fill the gaps that might come into the room (especially look behind the washer dryer, and around plumbing.)


Put a trap out but make sure the dog can't get near it. Make sure to wash the floors and kennel if you think the rat was there. The droppings carry disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment