Thursday, August 19, 2010

Need advice on girlfriend problem?

So I dated my first love for a year and seven months. Everything was going great until like three weeks ago she wanted to go on a break. She is from Colorado and I am from kansas. She was there all summer while i was in kansas. It all happend after I left to see her for the fourth of july. She then told me when she got back to kansas for college that she does not think she is ';in'; love with me even though she loves me. This all happened so fast. Everyone that I have talked to about this said there must be another guy but I have found out there is not. Her friends tell me she is confused because she is only twenty and we were getting very serious, like talking about marriage. Now I dont know what to do cause i still love her so much. She tells me that I am the perfect guy and that there is something wrong with her for not feeling the same way she used to about me cause i am so perfect. I used to think she just wanted to go date other guys or something but i heard that she does not even try to look good when she goes out. She told her friend, ';I dont have anyone to impress.'; So it really confuses me and dont know what to do. I have just been told not to talk to her and let her find her way. When she gets drunk she always calls me to hang out and stay the night and stuff which is misleading. She still says i am her best friend and that she is so lonely without me. I need some advice cause she was the love of my life. Thank you for reading this.Need advice on girlfriend problem?
First, I want to tell you that I'm sorry that you are going through this. I know what it's like to lose someone you love and it's never easy. I think people tend to forget this feeling...and I want you to remember it. Remember every bit of it...because someday one of your friends will be there and need your help; then, you'll know what they are going through. Also, when you are finally happy and married, you will appreciate it more. Next, about your problem...from your story, I do believe that this girl really does love you. I'm guessing that she probably wants to ';explore'; and see what else is out there before being settled down with one person. That does not mean that she doesn't care about you. If this is something that she wants to do, she should be able to do this. If she doesn't get this time, it could seriously backfire in the future. Say she's 35 and some new guy in her office flirts with her...well, if she's already ';explored';, she will know what it's like to be without you...and she'll look the other way. If she doesn't get this time, the consequences could be tough.





I don't know what the answers are...but I've learned that if someone needs time, and they're asking for time...that's what you should give them. Time is the hardest thing to watch when you're in love with someone and they're not there...I know that first hand.





I wish you the best of luck though. :) Need advice on girlfriend problem?
i did that with my boyfriend too. i just needed a break from him but i still didnt want to date anyone else. i didnt try to look my best when i went out cuz i didnt want anyone to ask me out. its just a phase. she just wants some alone time. she still loves you, she just feeels like she has too much of you at once. just give her her space for a while.
just give her some time/space. i can understand how she would get a little confused, 20 thats pretty young. Has she had many relastionships in the past? dont worry, i'm sure things will go back to normal in a little. u might want to relax things a little, not SO serious.
No, there doesn't have to be another guy for her to feel this way. Twenty years old is still so young, and sometimes when people get serious at such a young age, they start wondering what they'll miss out on if they don't stay single a little longer. Or, they want to feel more sure about who THEY are before they become part of a unit (as a serious couple). Heed her friends' advice and give her some space, and I would advise against being at her beck and call every time she's drunk...let her know that you love her but that you'd like her to think of you when she's sober, too.
You need to ask her what she wants. Does she want a break or you? She can't mislead you, it's hurtful. I understand that you love and care for her but you can't let her treat you in ways you wouldn't treat her. If she does want a break - no contact what so ever! She has to miss you for you to get her back, so she can really see what life is like without you and if she wants you back in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment