Monday, August 23, 2010

What's your advice for this problem?

What's your advice for this problem?


i am illegal here in the US. my 3 year visa expired last december 5th of 2008. and tried everything i could to process my papers in rightful and lawful manners. but nothing happened.





some people push me to marry someone for the sake of 'green card'. what is the stand of the church about this?





i know they mean to just 'be practical' but is it immoral? facing such moral dilemmas and ethical problems bring me to a greater question 'what is more important in life?'


considering that i am married and have 2 kids waiting for me in cuba. my wife and my 2 kids are waiting for me. but there's no way i can get them. and we just live a simple life in cuba.


i know i will earn a lot here in the US but i also have this pain of choosing work instead of being with my family. but you also have this mentality that your the head of the family and you should be the provider. but i know my presence is not there.


maybe i am just afraid of becoming like my father who left us when i was a kid and came back after 15 years. i always ask myself: should i stay? or go home? i don't know. but i still have time to think.


what's your advice?


thanks.What's your advice for this problem?
Christ taught to obey the laws of the land, so if you are here illegally, it's time to go. When and if the time comes for you to come back, come then, with your family. Since you are already married, you can't marry someone else for a green card. Not only is that illegal, it's unethical and immoral. And you are asking what the Church thinks about it? No Church will marry you under those circumstances...it's illegal and immoral, remember. You have concern over leaving your family, and you are right to have this concern. Go be with your family. What do you gain if you gain the whole world and loose your soul. Do the right thing. It's more important to be with your family to be an example to them, with them than to be far off some place illegally. And do you not realize how hard it is for everyone here now. There's no guarantee you'll really do well here when so many people are loosing their jobs. If you are caught as an illegal alien, you will be deported and NOT allowed back in for breaking the law now. Do the right thing, be patient, go to your family and keep trying to get in legally, with your family with you. Good luck.What's your advice for this problem?
My advice is to follow the rule of law and work to become a citizen. Even if this means returning to Cuba for a short time and enduring some hardships, you'll only gain that much more respect for persevering and becoming a citizen through hard work and determination... not by receiving a handout.
Sorry bud, you're gonna have to go back home. There are millions of other people trying to get here too, and they are doing so legally. You have no right to be here.





I sympathize with you wanting a better life for your family, but we have to respect our laws or we'll have anarchy.
Join the military. When I was in there were a whole lot of people that weren't cititzens fighting for our country. My own roomate was from Laos..not a citizen. Point is go ahead and die for my freedom you just cant live here.....unless you have blonde hair and blue eyes.





Kinda makes me mad..but I say your welcome to stay.
Marrying to obtain a green card is a federal offense and a felony. If you're caught (and you probably will be) not only will you be deported, but your ';wife'; will go to jail. Rethink that option....
You are a deliberate criminal... get out and don't come back
You are being exploited in the US, you should return home for your own good. Or hand yourself in to the immigration authorities and claim asylum
If you were here illegally you would not be foolish enough to advertise it on Yahoo answers.....
go back to your wife n kids.. and when you can come here Legally then come on in..
go back to mexico
don't you think it's your responsibility to be there for your kids?
To be honest... you probably won't earn much in the U.S. unless you have some sort of specialized talents.





I would probably go home at that point, especially if you're thinking about the way your father was. If you resent him for it, then empathize with your kids.





ALSO: To the person who said, ';go back to mexico,'; THE GUY IS FROM CUBA, DUMDUM!





To the people who said, ';get here legally,'; he DID get here legally. It EXPIRED due to the stupid red tape! D@mn bureaucracy!
The U.S. as a nation has been raped more by its own citizens than any illegal immigrants could hope to.





Personally I don't think your doing this is a big deal. It seems like you're just trying to provide a good life for yourself and your family.





You can get married outside of church, so consider that you could try to marry someone and get it annulled after your citizenship is finalized. Since government is in the mix, marriage is more a convenience than an institution (the divorce rate speaks to that).
As someone who lives in Arizona, and has illegal immigrants everywhere here, I will start off by commending you for getting a work visa to start with. You've already made more of an effort than most people do.





The law is the law, and should be obeyed. HOWEVER, family comes first. I would personally risk being thrown in Jail or deported or whatever for my family. I hate illegal immigration so much, BUT I do understand why it happens.





If you've had a job for the last three years, and you've been paying taxes. Then morally (not legally) I think it's ok to bend the rules a little.





If you have not been paying taxes, and have not been contributing to this country, then I apologize, I vote you leave America and never come back.





Best of luck to you though. I never wish anyone harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment