Thursday, August 19, 2010

I need ADVISE. I don't have a girlfriend, I depressed about it, and I have a bigger problem now. Advice?

Ok. My parents are separated, and they don't speak to each other anymore. My father's family is planning a get-together, because my father's and one of my cousin's birthday is comming up. Their birthday is within a couple days of each other. I have a second cousin, who is my age. He has a girlfriend, and they treat me younger then him. We're both 19. Right now, I'm single searching for a girlfriend. I HATE not having a girlfriend, and it embarrasses me. They always do things at get-togethers, to upset me for not having a girlfriend. My brother has a girlfriend and so does my 2nd cousin, so it is always me that's seen without a girlfriend. I'm sick of it. I know they both are going to be there at the get-together with their girlfriends. Then I'll be there without a girlfriend, and everyone will be treating me like a 9 year old, because of it. I don't want to go. I deserve a girlfriend as much as they do. I will do anything to get out of going. I won't go and my dad isn't happy about it.I need ADVISE. I don't have a girlfriend, I depressed about it, and I have a bigger problem now. Advice?
That perfect girl will come, just be a little patient. Don't force yourself to get a girlfriend, it'll just end up terrible. I feel the same way in the aspect that you deserve to have a significant other, just don't let it get to you. Being single should be something to be happy about, you can look at any hot girl you want. If it really does bother you not to have someone, go and ask one of your girl buddies to be your girlfriend, if not, then get to know a girl you like at school and progressively get her to hang out and invite her to your family's get together. The more you let your family get to you about not having someone, the more they'll treat you like that. Just show them that you can take it, and then blast in the next get together with a hot broad that will blow them away.I need ADVISE. I don't have a girlfriend, I depressed about it, and I have a bigger problem now. Advice?
I know EXACTLY where you're coming from, because I don't have a girlfriend, and I HATE being unattached ! Having said that, I think you should go to the family get -- together ... at least make a token appearance . Tell your father you'll go, but you'll leave if anybody teases you about not having a girlfriend . As it stands now, you're hurting your father by refusing to attend, and that won't do any good ... I also have to add -- Cleverpuss1970 had a GREAT idea !!
I'm going to go with everyone else. If this is something you can't get out of (for real) then I would call up a few girls, tell them what is going on, and ask them to accompany you to the get together. A girlfriend doesn't have something of a romantic thing, it can always be casual (and many romantic relationships start up as casual.) Then at the party, you can talk about all the things you'd like to do together, and who knows, maybe it will lead to romance.





But you need to quit wallowing in self-pity about your lack of love life. It's not going to get you a girlfriend any time soon. Seriously, for real. If after the party, they still give you grief about not getting a girlfriend, you should log on to Dear Abby at http://www.dearabby.com and send her a message describing your problem. She gives really good advice and you can trust her.





Personally, I think your 2nd cousin and brother who have girlfriends are co-dependent, the type of person who needs to be constantly dating, and can't live without girlfriends because they don't know how to love themselves. It's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard. Were it me, I would've shrugged the teasing off, then e-mailed them a link of Chris Crocker's video on codependency, (I sent you the link in a private e-mail some weeks ago) telling them they need to take a good look at it and listen to the message behind it! AND YOU CAN TELL THEM THAT I THINK THEY ARE CODEPENDENT!!!!!!





Dude, not to get personal, but I'm worried about you, man. This is nothing to kill yourself over at all.
Well, you don't need a REAL girlfriend for this, you just need some friends who happen to be girls! Call all the girls you know up, (and have them call a few if you don't know many who will do this for you) and ask them ALL to go with you as your dates! Then you will have a group of girls all hanging on your arms, and you can say that you just couldn't choose! I'll just BET you will see pride shining in your dear old dad's eyes!
Might be a good idea to try approaching a girl and asking her if she would like to go with you.
How many cousings you got? damn you LAME!
wow that seems like a lot of pressure put on you! but you should ingnore them or go look for someone
your an adult.. u dont have to go if you dont want to..
So don't go. Take your dad out afterwords, another night to dinner or something.





Or go, hold your head up high, and shurg off the crap family gives you. If you don't let it bother you, then they won't keep doing it. They do it because it gets a rise out of you.





Do you have any female friends that you could ask to go with you, maybe explain to them what's going on with your family, and maybe one would be willing to help you out and go with you, so they can't say anything?
you need to be happy with yourself, and then girls will be more attracted to you


sitting here and wallowing in why you don't have one will NOT do anything. trust me. every girl wants a confident nice guy


being attractive is sometimes a good thing, but widely overrated.


good luck! i'm sure your perfect girl's out there =D

No comments:

Post a Comment