Sunday, August 22, 2010

Seeking advice for my problem at school!?

Its a little long, but PLEASE READ!...sorry to my english spelling, its my second language! I am being rediculed at school. Its hurtful. I understand school is cruel but this doesnt even make sense on why other students pick on me for this.. Ok, first off, I am a girl. I am Persian, and Brazilian. I live in the US. Born and raise. My mother passes away when i was 1 1/2 year old. My dad and his mother (my grandmother) raised me. My dad was adopted, so his mother is Japanese, her husband (my grandpa) is Cantonese). Anyway, my problem is at school other student call me a ';japanese wannabee'; (i know, mature, right?). because I do not look japanese, but Since my grandparents had a huge part in raising me, and since my dad was raised this way also, I was brought up to eat everything with chopsticks, I take my lunch in bento boxes and have a complete asian diet. But I dress normal and everything else, So Why is it so hard for other students to understand, i was raised this way. they make fun of me not only for the foods i eat, and how i eat them, but they call me gay for bringing my lunch to school instead of buying from the cafeteria. Will i be rediculed and called a ';wannabee'; my whole live? or is this probably just a school thing? I was raised this way! Why cant they understand. I mean ive had food thrown at me at lunch for what/how i eat. It is crossing the line! Any advice etc? thanks!Seeking advice for my problem at school!?
What you have described going on at your school is positively shameful.Why no adult has intervened and put a stop to it is beyond comprehension.Unfortunately the only thing that might help is assimilation and even that may not work because these little creeps have gotten used to picking on you.Do you have any friends at school? Would it be possible to reach out to another student who is going through the same thing you are going through? You will feel better if you feel the comradery of a small group of your own friends.


One day you will be out of that school and you will meet people who think your upbringing is interesting and that it makes you interesting. There are more white bread American burger eating wal mart shopping kids out there than you can shake a stick at but there aren't many Persian Brazilian Japanese Cantonese girls out there and when you go off to college all of the smart and interesting people will be more interested in meeting and knowing someone like you than someone who is just like everybody else. When I look back at my high school and jr. high school days I realize that most of the popular kids were attractive in a mediocre homogenized way and most of them peaked at around 18-23 years. You will do much better than that I predict.


My best advice is just tell them to f--- off and go sit with your friends at lunch. They are malkins.Seeking advice for my problem at school!?
It really shouldn't stick with you. Its hard to really say because I don't really know the circumstances but they are making fun of you for really arbitrary things. In reality theres no reason they even should be making fun of you and I know in my younger days this kind of bullying was not really a problem.





As far as I can tell someone at your school must have decided to just pick on you for whatever reason and other people just decided to go along with it. I am not going to tell you people are going to get more mature, because they wont, but hopefully they will move past this. Like I said before, its so random I can't see it sticking for long but you seem quite young so I am going to guess we are in completely different worlds.





If they throw things at you, you should definitely tell a teacher or something, stand up for yourself, but beyond that... I don't know what advice I can really give. Just remember its not really about you, there's nothing wrong with you, you have just been singled out for whatever random reason that we will probably never know. You come from a very unique background and I know people I went to school with would have thought it was interesting.





Edit: I also took my lunch to school from elementary school to high school. Better food then what you will find there most likely.
That's terrible! I can tell you that, yes, this is just a school thing. I know, because when the 9/11 attacks occurred, I was in grade school, everyone would call me a terrorist just because I was Assyrian with Iraqi-born parents (Assyrians are a Semitic people who now make up about a measly 3% of Iraq, we're christian, sometimes Jewish, almost-never Muslim). Anyway, they'd call my mother a whore because I had blue eyes and plaster-white skin, rare in the Middle East. They made me cry every day. Sorry, there's a point to my long story. The point is that a. it's because they're immature a**holes; this isn't something you can laugh off because throwing food is humiliating harassment, leading me to b. you should tell a teacher because they're deffo not supposed to do that, and finally c. honestly, the only thing that you can do is to teach yourself to be strong and have confidence that you can get through it because experiences like this are what make you stronger. Wow, that last sentence had so many grammatical infractions. Honestly most of the guys who used to do that to me are now either high school dropouts or living in their parent's basement and unable to keep a steady job. And me, I'm an honors student who has nice friends and acquaintances...now. I'm not saying this because I'm happy that their lives aren't...uh...great, but because you should CONSIDER THE SOURCE. Usually people who make fun of others are insecure and are seeing their flaws projected in someone else aka: they're pretty f***** up themselves. Who gave them the authority to make fun of you? They're just a bunch of stupid kids. Who cares what they think! Many famous and influential people were made fun of and look at where they are now. I hope I helped.
These kids are just trying to get a rise out of you... they do it for fun... Just ignore it for now but if it gets to bad to where you can't bare it anymore talk to someone.... that always helped me:) Hope I helped
I'm 45 and I take my lunch to work.





Kids are naturally mean-spirited for many reasons. They are probably jealous that your family takes the time to make your lunch rather than just ignoring you.





You have a good family -- that is far more important than the kids at school. Be yourself and be happy. Once they see that their ridicule of you doesn't bother you, they will move on to a new target.
Go to a steiner school!!! We at steiner accept everyone :)





What's happening to you is ridiculous, I wish I had lunches in bento boxes! That would be so cool! What I would say is one person got jealous because you could use chopsticks and had homemade lunches that they decided to call you a wannabe, then this persons friends copied him and so on. I'm also guessing you're what, 13? And of course you have friends, so all you have to is ignore those idiots who tease you and accept yourself, when you accept yourself and know that nothing is wrong with you the other people will stop teasing you.





Good luck :)
They can't understand because it abnormal. Don't think much of it because they are probably making fun of you because they are insecure about something in themselves. If you truly want it to stop i would either tell a teacher or sit out farther away from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment