Sunday, August 22, 2010

My partner and I are so similar that we often don't get along, do you have the same problem or advice on this?

My partner and I knew each other through friends long before we started dating. Even then we were compared to each other. People would say things like, ';Your the girl version of him';. Now that we are together, we often argue because we are so similar. I have done research and all of the books say that we aren't a good match.ie. I am a Virgo, he is a Gemini... I recently took this personality test and it said that we are both introverts so we both need extroverts. As long as I try to be empathetic, I don't get too mad at him but I need to figure out how to be more compatible. We are so similar that I can't leave him, despite our families wishes. We have broken up before and we were both wrecks. I felt like I had lost a part of me. I love him a lot and want to make it work the best way I can but I'm afraid of what the future might bring. Does anyone experience this same problem? If so what do you do?





Sorry about the length, I just want to be detailed.My partner and I are so similar that we often don't get along, do you have the same problem or advice on this?
It can work, you just need to start using your own insight and experience about your personality and apply it to him. My last ex and I were very much alike and were both introverts. It worked out pretty well for us though because we started thinking of things in the context of motivations. For instance, instead of feeling hurt or annoyed that he just wanted some alone time or was feeling moody that day, I would remind myself that I do exactly the same thing sometimes and that when I did it, it wasn't because I loved him any less. He would do the same thing. It's kind of hard to explain, I guess. I hope that made sense.My partner and I are so similar that we often don't get along, do you have the same problem or advice on this?
Broaden your interests, develope new hobbies. You can't help it if your personalities are similar but there are several personal developement strategies that can help you discover more differences between the two of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment