Sunday, August 22, 2010

I have a problem with job and income jealousy. Any advice?

I'm about one and a half years out of grad school. I have a good job, but it leads to nothing. I keep hearing about freinds from high school making six figures or opening businesses or just lucking into great jobs in great areas (I still live in the same town I grew up in). I get so jealous that I really want to kill myself. Is there a name for this complex or disorder that I have? How do I work on this? I know I would probably feel better if my job wasn't a dead-end, but no other companies seem interested. How do I feel better in the meantime??I have a problem with job and income jealousy. Any advice?
This happens to everyone just out of grad school. Try not to compare yourself with others. There are others I am sure who doesn't even have a job as yet. Do the best where you are and in what you do. Take time to climb up that ladder of success, You would feel better once you have got up there.I have a problem with job and income jealousy. Any advice?
Just replace your ';habit'; with a new one.


Write down 1 to 5 things you like about your life each and every night before you go to sleep. (Your brain will think about this through out the night, to help form this habit.) You will train your brain to look for the goodness in your own life!


Once this ';new habit'; forms...watch out world. The sky will be your limit! You will wonder why people will look at you differently, and why the things that used to bother you don't anymore!
I used to find myself getting jealous of guys with nicer cars than me until I realized I was ignoring the majority of cars which were not as nice as mine.





Another thing to keep in mind is that we are all in the same boat. We are all peons, even those of us with six figures. If you want to be jealous be that way towards the guys issuing those six figure checks.

No comments:

Post a Comment