Sunday, August 22, 2010

Plz advice needed on problem with my teeth and gums?

Hey. Im really confused and I know that I have to see the dentist soon, but I can't stop worrying. In the past year I have been really bad about my teeth. I hadn't brushed or flossed them much. Now I am seriously starting too and everything, but Im worried. I noticed my gums were inflamed or something, it looked like they were growing down into my teeth. Do I have ginginvis or maybe the early start of gum disease. Im so scared. and ever sense I've started brushing more, my mouth hurts really bad, and my jaw is starting to ache. Could the aching and my teeth hurting be just because Im irritating my gums right now. any advice would be very much appreciated. Im so worried that somethings wrong.Plz advice needed on problem with my teeth and gums?
I agree with zuckersc. That is essential. Also sometimes we see what is referred to as ';pregnancy gingivitis'; This is a hormonal response that causes severe gum swelling and inflammation even in the presence of small amounts of plaque. This is another reason why good oral hygiene will be so important to maintain after your teeth and gum's are professionally treated. Good luck.Plz advice needed on problem with my teeth and gums?
Brushing and flossing help aid in removing plaque. Plaque will harden and cause calc. build up on your teeth, resulting in gingivitis. Regular cleanings are recommended to remove calc and tartar buildup and to also help the dentist catch any cavities and other problems early.





Also, when you are pregnant, your hormones are changing and a change in hormones in a pregnant woman can cause puffy and irritated gums.





Go see your dentist if you can.
I know that my dental hygienist told me that my gums bleed and get inflamed when i floss since i dont do it regularly. she explained that if i did it everyday they wouldnt..i cant remember her reasoning though. so its probably jus doing it since your starting to take care of them again. after a while it should probably stop.
you prolly do have the early stages of gum disease, all the brushing and flossing in the world is not going to help now, you need to get your teeth cleaned first, a deep cleaning that is and than keep on brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing them every day, you may have to go to cleanings more than normal in the beginning, till they get your gums back in shape. pls be sure and see your dentist asap, it's not going to get better only much worse (gum disease may cause tooth loss), but if the dentist catches it early enough they'll be able to take care of it... you also need to tell them that you're pregnant, but i do think you're fine since you're in the second trimester... good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment