Thursday, August 19, 2010

Need advice, having a problem graduating with my Masters.?

Background: I've been taking my masters at a SUNY school. The second year, I had the GRE waived (of course I have no record of it). I just completed all requirements to graduate, including a masters project. I graduated with approx 3.8 GPA, not bad. Now the college is saying that I cannot graduate because I did not take the GRE's ( they have no record of the waiver). The GRE's are to prove you are ready for the graduate work load. Even if they have no record of the waiver, didn't I comlete all course work and a project (proving I can do the work?) Whats your advice.Need advice, having a problem graduating with my Masters.?
Get your department head to send a letter to the college telling them that you had a waiver. If he/she can't do this or that doesn't work, see if you can get the college to pay for you to take them - it won't matter at this point how you do on them, and you can take them any time. I know, it's stupid, but that's administration for you.Need advice, having a problem graduating with my Masters.?
I kept my acceptance letter.





The acceptance letter is issued after all pending requirements are satisfied. It will tell you when your term will begin and the time limit to which you will be allowed to pursuit your degree.





If you have this letter you have all the gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment