Thursday, August 19, 2010

Need advice with a problem tween?

My partners daughter is almost 12 and lately she has become a real pain to everyone. She is always rude to everyone including my mother, my friends, her dad and me. She talks back constantly. If she is asked to do even the most menial task she sighs and complains. She does absolutely nothing around the house and has to be constantly reminded to do things like her homework or brush her teeth or have a shower. I am at my wits end and starting to wish she was not around, as horrible as that is to say. Also we have just received notice that her mother wants full custody (currently have 50/50) and she wont even speak up about why. Has anyone got any suggestions on getting her to behave herself and become a normal person again?!Need advice with a problem tween?
I would say that if she doesnt do the things that are required of her under your roof then you start to take away the things that she wants to do. Make sure to outline specifically what these things are in a list and everytime she asks to do something refer back to the list and make sure they are done before allowing her to have her extras. She might be a pain, but she will start to learn that she needs to take care of things before she gets extras.Need advice with a problem tween?
Ground her. Take away her TV/Games/Phone etc.


I would say she isn't too old for a spanking, but seen as you aren't her mother that may not be a 'correct' thing to do.
Sounds like a regular 12 year old to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment