Monday, August 23, 2010

New job???!! Any advice for my problem!? -will choose best answer-?

I have been working as a hostess at a local restraunt for a couple weeks (it was my first real job) but now im hired at the grocery store, so I have two jobs now.





Ill be bagging at the grocery store and getting carts.. that type of thing.


Yesterday after the training I was supposed to work today (the 2nd) because there is a big 12 hour meat sale... I called to see when I was supposed to come in and the schedule making lady (not sure if shes manager or not o.o) Told me 5 pm to 8pm and I was like





WTF





Because the hiring manager knew that i cant work between 5 and 10 at night because i host at the restraunt during dinner! He knew this before they hired me and he said that the grocery store would work around it. He also told another manager that i was goin to be the new ';day time clerk';





The scheduler woman didnt know about my restraunt schedule but why didnt the hiring manager tell her? Is it going to be like this all the time? I cant work between 5pm and 10pm will they get that or do i have to tell them every day when they sign me up to work!





Is it just because im new so the schedule is messed up alot? They wont fire me for being ';picky'; because of my hosting job would they?!





Any advice would be nice, has anyone else had experiences like this?New job???!! Any advice for my problem!? -will choose best answer-?
I too used to work two jobs and this same thing happened to me. What I ended up having to do was asking the manager or whomever does the scheduling put a note under my name saying not available to work from 5pm to 10pm. It is most likely a communicaton error on their part or was just simply forgotten. I am sure you can clear this up and continue to work both jobs. Good Luck! You sound like a hardworker! New job???!! Any advice for my problem!? -will choose best answer-?
make it very clear that you can't, and won't be there during those hours. if they can't follow your wishes, you shouldn't have to work for them anyways....
  • eyeshadow pencil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment